Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Big Woods Brewing Co.

Kyle and I escaped to Nashville on Saturday. We always love going there, especially in the fall. Our October calendar is looking busy, so we decided to go a little early. We went there for part of our honeymoon, and it's just sort of our place. We love walking around and looking at the little shops, although we never buy much of anything. But, we always struggle finding a place to eat. On Saturday, though, we discovered the Big Woods Brewing Company.

Big Woods Brewing Company, 60 Molly Lane
I was starving by the time we got lunch, so I would have eaten anything at this point. The menu had sandwiches and pizza, and several vegetarian options. It all looked good!

Kyle chose a salad and a grilled buffalo chicken sandwich. I went out on a limb and tried the mini black bean burgers with an avocado dressing. The food was fantastic! It was fresh and some of it was local, which is always a plus.

Kyle's (small) side salad with local Tootie Frootie dressing

Kyle's sandwich

My black bean burger (I even ate the little pieces of corn!)
 I hope I can find a way to make my own black bean burgers. To drink, Kyle had the Possum Trot Pale Ale. He said it was great; I didn't like it, though.

My diet coke and Kyle's beer
We finally found a restaurant that we love and will definitely go back the next time we are in Brown County. I can't wait to try the pizza next time!


1 comment:

  1. Just seeing that place makes me antsy for Brown County!!! Especially the General Store's fresh baked cinnamon rolls and bread!!! I can almost taste it!
    -Britt

    ReplyDelete