Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Kyle's Birthday Weekend


Friday, the 12th, was Kyle's birthday. He took a vacation day and we spent the day shopping in Indy. Then, we headed to Fishers, to our friends' home. The four of us had planned on going to the Def Leppard/Heart concert for awhile. No, not for Def Leppard or Heart, though!

One of Kyle's good friends, Evan Watson, got a gig opening for Def Leppard this summer. He has a band, but he's touring solo this summer. Here's a link to his myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/evanwatsonmusic. I got two pictures of Evan before my camera died (I hadn't charged it since vacation!):




We met up with Evan afterward, and he took us backstage. We got to shake hands with Rick Allen, Def Leppard's drummer! It was a great evening and so exciting to see one of Kyle's friends on the big stage!

I finally got to give Kyle his presents, too. He's been wanting movie posters for his future movie room. Since real movie posters are way too expensive, I've been searching Etsy for something more reasonable. So many artists make these fantastic movie/television posters. I had trouble picking a few out because there's so many. I finally settled on this shop: http://www.etsy.com/people/TheArtOfAdamJuresko?ref=ls_profile. I chose three posters, all three ended up being television shows, not movies, though. Here are the three I chose:

Buffy, the show we're currently watching

Freaks and Geeks, one of our favorite shows

Twin Peaks, Kyle's favorite show

These posters look amazing and I like the fact that they are unique and hand-made. Plus they will look awesome in our future house!


No comments:

Post a Comment