Monday, August 8, 2011

Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cake

I tried a chocolate zucchini bread recipe a few weeks ago that I wasn't too impressed with. The loaf stuck to the pan (even though it was greased). A friend made this version a couple of years ago, and I decided to give it a try. We still have zucchini by the way...

Here's the recipe:

Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cake
1/2 C margarine
1/2 C vegetable oil
1 3/4 C sugar
2 eggs
1/2 C buttermilk
2 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
4 Tbsp cocoa
2 C shredded zucchini
1 C chocolate chips
1 C nuts (I used English walnuts)

Cream margarine, oil, and sugar.


Mix in eggs, buttermilk, flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and cocoa. Mix in zucchini. Pour into greased and floured 9 X 13 pan.


Bake at 325-350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 C chocolate chips and 1 C nuts while still warm.


I thought it was better the day after I baked it. It's so moist and delicious! I've been eating it for breakfast (it does have vegetables in it, after all!). I still think Kristy and Lou make this recipe better than I do, maybe they have a secret ingredient? Anyways, thanks to the West's for sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment