Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Frozen Zucchini

It's too hot to do anything here in Indiana. So, I spent the morning (inside) shredding and storing zucchini so we'll have it throughout the fall. I shredded five pretty large zucchini in the food processor:


I just put two cups of shredded zucchini in ziploc freezer bags. Most zucchini bread recipes call for that amount. I bought the gallon size, which was WAY to big, but it's all I had. I went ahead and made two bags with four cups in case I ever want to make a huge batch of zucchini bread (like for the Christmas Bazaar). When I'm ready to make some bread, I'll just thaw the bag and drain out the extra water. Pretty easy, right? Then, I just labeled the bags so I'll know which is which:



I ended up with three bags of two cups and two bags of four cups. Not too bad for 20 minutes worth of work. Plus, I think it's worth it to save the bounty from the garden. Now, I'll just dream about crisp fall days and warm zucchini bread. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment