Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Peaches 'N' Cream Ice Pops


I had to buy the new special summer issue of Everyday Food (it's my fav magazine, anyway).

There's a whole section in there about making your own ice cream and popsicles. I was even inspired to consider purchasing an ice cream maker for next summer.

I had to give these "Peaches 'N' Cream Ice Pops" a try. They looked delicious and easy! The recipe isn't up online yet, so here it is:

1 1/4 C vanilla ice cream (I used vanilla frozen yogurt)
1 pound frozen peaches, thawed
1/2 C sugar
1/4 C 100% white grape juice

You'll also need 6 of each: 3 oz disposable cups and 6 oz cups (I could only find 5 oz) and popsicle sticks.

First, put three tablespoons of ice cream/yogurt into the 3 oz cup and put a popsicle stick in each. Freeze this for 1 hour. Meanwhile, mix peaches, sugar, and juice in a blender.


Pour 1 tablespoon of puree in each 6 oz cup and freeze for one hour.
Then, unmold the ice cream/yogurt and place in larger (6 oz cup):



Pour puree over top. My puree didn't really pour, I had to spoon/force it around the ice cream.


Freeze for at least 4 hours. Peel off paper cup and enjoy!


Everyday Food's picture looks a little more icy than mine. My puree turned out pretty creamy. But, it tasted great. Kyle said it was his favorite food.

And the best part? It only has 159 calories! Since I used frozen yogurt, mine should have had a little less.

No comments:

Post a Comment