Friday, July 8, 2011

Little Farm on the Prairie

Here 's a quick tour of our farm. We already talked about the corn a few days ago. We also have chickens. If Kyle's grandpa is out of town, I get to collect and clean the eggs, which is something I never (like never in a million years) thought I would ever do. It's not too bad, actually. The chickens stay away from people, for the most part, so I just have to get into the coop and get the eggs. The first time we did it, Kyle told me it was the weirdest thing he'd ever done. I couldn't agree more.


We had a chicken disaster a few weeks ago. We left them out too long at night and coyotes got away with a few. We both felt pretty bad about it, but I guess that's just part of nature. We also have some baby chicks that should be laying by September. They don't really look like babies anymore, but here's a picture anyway.


We also have 4-H rabbits; here's a picture of a few of the little ones.


And finally, we have two horses. Pete is being boarded so Kyle's cousin can ride/practice for 4-H. But Fancypants "Fancy" is here with us. She's pretty, but I try to stay away because I'm pretty terrified of horses. So here's a picture of Fancy, from a safe distance. I'll get a picture of her outside soon.




So that's the farm in a nutshell. After living in downtown Indy for 2 years, we moved here in February. It's definitely been an adjustment. I think my heart will always be in the city, but the farm, the animals, and the country are certainly growing on me. It's a beautiful place to live, see?

No comments:

Post a Comment