Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What's for Dinner

The parsley in our garden has gotten out of control lately, see?


So, I decided to make this pesto out of it. The original recipe can be found here: http://www.marthastewart.com/338166/fettuccine-with-parsley-pesto-and-walnut. I like this recipe because I usually have all the ingredients on hand. I just put all the ingredients (parlsey, parm cheese, walnuts, lemon juice, water, and garlic) in my little food processor...


and let the machine do all the work...


then I boiled some fettuccine noodles and mixed in the pesto...

And there's dinner, topped with just a little real parm (not the shaky Kraft cheese kind). It couldn't be easier, it's economical, and it's meatless. We aren't vegetarians, but we do try to limit meat, so meals like this are always a good choice. I also like that it used something we grow in our garden, because I hate letting food go to waste.

Note: I didn't use spinach that the recipe calls for, just because I didn't have any. I'm sure it would be great in this meal. And I limited the amount of olive oil by a smidge. That's how I usually cook- use the recipe as a guide, but change to meet our tastes/what I actually have on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment