Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Zucchini Everywhere

We have TONS of zucchini. See?


I gave some to my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law and Kyle even took some to work. I made chocolate zucchini bread (I'm looking for a better recipe before I share). It's almost getting out of control.

I want to use it all (since it's free) and I love this recipe from Everyday Foods: Zucchini Pasta with Ricotta. It's so easy and delicious. I thinly sliced one zucchini and put on a foil covered baking sheet like this:


I baked it for 20 minutes on 450. I just tossed with olive oil, linguine, lemon zest, salt, and pepper and topped with ricotta. Kyle isn't a big fan of ricotta, so he put parmesan on his. Here's what dinner looked like:


Look for more zucchini ideas in the coming days!

2 comments:

  1. We were late planting our garden this year...but it's looking like I'm going to be in the same boat regarding zucchini and squash this year. The amount of blooms/babies we have is UNREAL. With an abundance of zucchini-- I grate it, quickly dunk it in lightly salted boiling water, cool it down quickly, drain it & then freeze it by the pint for using in breads & zucchini pancakes during the winter.

    I'll have to try the pasta recipe! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I hadn't read this before I posted the next post. I hope my method works out, too. Yours sounds a little more thought out. I'll have to try this next time.

    ReplyDelete